Thursday, July 23, 2009

DIY Projects

I am pretty crafty with some thread and a needle so I have decided that I am going to make my ring bearer pillow. I sort of want something a little atypical anyway so that works out for the best. Plus, it'll be quite easy on my budget. It won't cost that much to buy fabric and sew it together, and I'd like to see something I put my heart into hold something that will be on my finger forever. Doesn't that sound perfect? Now, I just have to figure out the color scheme and the pattern I want to use.

I really like the clean lines of this and the color contrast. Maybe put a monogram charm on there instead of a heart. I think that would add a great personal touch to it as well.


I am completely obsessed with this print for the pillow. It has all my colors and would look darling with a pale yellow or silver ribbon. It's available at JoAnn's.


I found another great idea for a DIY project. I don't really like the idea of a guest book. Sure, you know everyone that has been there and to whom you should send a thank you note, but it's not that personal. At my sister's wedding this past weekend, she had people sign a photo matte with advice. It was a great idea but not enough room. I want people to leave us advice, like - "Don't go to bed mad at each other." I found this though and am totally on board with it. After the wedding, it can be used to store other things like photos and important information while the good advice is made into a collage to be hung up somewhere prominent in the house.

*~Sassy Bride~*

No comments:

Post a Comment