Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses

Admittedly, I do not like roses. They are a very generic flower that is quite overused. I associate cheesy high school romances with them. You know...like the dreaded prom corsage??

photo : pgclms teenspace

Blech.
Remind me again why I obsessed over prom two years in a row!!
Perhaps I'm just a glutton for punishment.

I digress {because I swear there's a point to this}!

A couple of months ago, I started falling in love with peonies. They seem to be the IT flower right now. I like how full they are and the suppleness of the bloom. For a beautiful bouquet, you don't really seem to need many stems either when using peonies.

photo : vogue flowers

Peonies can get quite costly though. For just a bridal bouquet, you could end up spending a pretty penny. For me, that's a deterrence. When you're on a budget, it's hard to justify a huge purchase on flowers. You know? Luckily though, I found a suitable alternative in the rose family. {Here comes my point!}

photo : matha stewart

Do you see how similar they appear?! It's like magic. One, I, apparently, can like roses. And, two, I can find a suitable alternative for peonies! {Don't worry. I googled it. They're not the same flowers with different names.}
Now, let's play a game!
Guess which flower arrangement is which!!
{This should be fun.}

Arrangement One

photo : sunset

Arrangement Two

photo : country living

Let the guessing begin!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Garden roses... A budget bride's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely having some garden roses ... but I love all roses: I'm a June baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you just made me want to get married all over again!!!! beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete