Monday, July 20, 2009

Shock and Awe

On Saturday, my sister, A, and her FH, T, got married at the Old Spencer Mill. The rehearsal was the night before, and after going through that, I have decided to have a wedding coordinator for the day of my wedding. I don’t want to have to worry about putting everything on each table the day of my wedding or the night before at the rehearsal. I saw how stressed my sister got last night and I do not want to be like that the night before my wedding to R. I don’t think either one of us could handle it.

However, though, A’s wedding had great potential to be beautiful that tonight. She definitely had thought everything through down to the last detail. She even said that she didn't regret a single choice she made. Let me tell you though, she’d only been seriously planning this wedding for three months. Yes, you read that right…THREE months. May the Wedding Gods bless her marriage for being able to do such things. I know I wouldn’t be able to do it.

I guess you could compare our planning differences to shopping for clothes. A’s able to go into a store, walk through it once, find beautiful outfits that other shoppers wouldn’t think twice about, try it on, look perfect and fabulous, and buy it on the spot. I, on the other hand, go into a store, look around for thirty minutes debating what kind of clothes my wardrobe currently lacks, pick one or two items that really catch my eye, try them on and look decent and average, debate whether my bank account can take the sticker shock, and then decide not to get the items.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment