Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Bridal Blog is Born

I have seen a growing trend in wedding blogs and have decided to join in. I am hoping that someone, if anyone reads this, can help me out.

I am 22 yrs. old and live in the Nashville, TN area. I have recently become engaged to my college sweetheart. We met almost a year and a half ago on a RANDOM snow day in North Carolina. :) (I love snow so this was positively the BEST way to meet my FH, R!) We are looking to have our wedding here in the Nashville area…pending our current unemployment status. :( Sad.

It is also our plan to create our dream wedding on a modest budget. My fiancee, R, and I are determined to make this OUR wedding; not just mine, and not just his. That’s the point of getting married…isn’t it? Recent studies, found by R, have said that the average wedding in Nashville costs $26,000 or more. We are hoping to spend $10,000 but would LOVE to spend less than that.

At any rate, this will be our story. I want our children to be able to look back on this and see what Mommyand Daddy went through to get to where we’ll be then.

We do not have a wedding date right now. Our main goal is to get jobs. We are, however, looking at a Summer 2011 wedding. R’s family is from New York so we’re hoping to plan the wedding over a 3-day wedding to give them an extra day of travel and avoid having to miss too much work.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment