Friday, June 11, 2010

Wedding Fact Friday

It's back...finally!
I think this has been my favorite part about my wedding blog.
I have seriously enjoyed learning about other wedding traditions around the world.
Today, I'm going to focus on Mexico!
 
"In Mexico, for example, it is customary during the vows for a white ribbon or for a rosary, called a “lasso,” to be draped around the necks of the newlyweds to symbolize their joining together. "
 source: weddingbee

"It is also customary for the groom to present his wife with thirteen gold coins during the ceremony, symbolizing the groom’s commitment to support his new wife. "
 source: weddingunitycoins.com

"As the couple leaves the church it is customary for red beads to be tossed at them as a means of insuring the new couple good luck."
source: redbeads.org

source: worldweddingtraditions.com

Photobucket

1 comment: