Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What I'll Miss This Year

For the past four years, I've lived in Belmont, North Carolina and attended Belmont Abbey College. If you have to Google where this is, don't worry. It's a small town right outside of Charlotte, NC. Well, next to the small town of Belmont is another small town called McAdenville a.ka. Christmastown, USA.
About now you're probably thinking, "why are you telling my this?" or "and I care why?"

Well, every year, on this day, they turn on the Christmas lights. Every house on the main drag has Christmas lights and decorations. And they look like this...


And they decorate around the lake too.
And the bridge by the river as well.
All Photos : McAdenville Christmas Official Site

Sure, we have the lights at the Opryland Hotel here in Nashville, but it's just not the same.
There are just a small amount outside and the rest are inside.
Photo : Panoramio [Tim Priest]

Basically, I'm going to miss driving through McAdenville with my sorority sisters and taking silly pictures.
And, I'm going to miss driving through it and walking through it with Mr. GrapeJuice.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Maybe I can help. Have something that will cheer you up. Come by and check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas lights! The photo of the lake is beautiful.
    This is my first Christmas in New York city, and I can't wait to see all of the Christmas displays around town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How amazing! I LOVE christmas & all that goes along with it! Wish I had something to say to cheer you up buuuut I dont! Just a simple CHEER UP =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh how beautiful. Those houses are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be sad if I had to leave that. I love those little things that make a holiday season something familiar and lovely. Just today I was thinking about what I will be missing about my city and neighborhood when I move to the new hubby's pad in just 4 1/2 months...and he only lives 25 minutes away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Christmas lights, that looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete